Giving Back – Where does your money go?
We are a 100% volunteer organization. In fulfilling our mission and meeting the objectives we have set forth, we need to raise money. It is raised through the sales of memberships and, above all, at our yearly Banquet/Fundraiser.
Safari Club International Northern Alberta Chapter has sponsored or given grants to many worthwhile cause and studies.
From the grant requests received in 2015 Northern Alberta Safari Club International gave out in March 2016… grants totaling approximately $50,000.00
The following organizations received funds:
- Sponsored many youth to summer conservation camps
- Sponsored the annual Sensory Safari for visually impaired at Edmonton’s Alberta Museum
- High School NASP Archery programs
- Alberta Hunter Education Instructors Association Archery supplies
- Sensory Safari Booth at Edmonton Boat and Sportsman Show
- Sponsored U of A student study of Black Bear population in Alberta
- Sponsored U of A student study Sitatunga in Uganda
- Sponsored U of A student study of calf elk survival Ya Ha Tinda ranch in Alberta
- Sponsored Alberta Conservation Association study of Grizzly bears
- Sponsored U of A student study of Carnivore diet analysis in YaHa Tinda Ranch
- Arranged Blue Bag program for hunters travelling abroad
- Youth (NASP) archery competition at Edmonton Boat and Sportsman Show
- Partially helped sponsor youth to attend the North American NASP archery shoot in the U.S.
- Annual fund raiser banquet / membership drive held each spring
- Firearms training courses in Terrace, B.C
- In early 2016 we held a horn scoring event at the Nova Inn by Wholesale Sports St. Albert Trail
Funding and Grant Application Forms
Please click to download the following forms in PDF format. If you would like to make an application, please download, print, and complete the forms, sending them to the contact information detailed within the respective forms. Deadline is December 31 of the calender year! Grants given out shall not be used for administration or overhead on any projects! Email forms to: Hunting Heritage Grants. email@example.com before the deadline!
Other SCI Causes
We funded, in whole or in part, various conservation and humanitarian projects and programs right here in Alberta, such as:
- Sponsor youth education projects
- Alberta Hunter Education programs
- Outdoor Women’s Seminar
- Outdoor Youth Camp
- Outdoor Youth Seminar
- Our yearly SENSORY SAFARI — a touch and feel experience for visually impaired
- AHEIA / SCI NAC Hunter Education Camp Sponsorship